VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC)
In October, 2013, Liberty became one of the many campus locations that offer VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC) for Veterans, service members, and their qualified dependents who attend or are planning to attend LU.
The VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC) program is a collaborative effort between Liberty University and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) with the purpose of helping to ease Veterans' transition to student life and assisting them to achieve their educational and career goals.
The VetSuccess Counselor can assist you with:
- How to apply for and maximize your VA educational benefits should you be eligible for more than one benefit.
- Information on college credit for military experience and training.
- Vocational exploration and assistance in selecting a major/career compatible with your interests, aptitudes, and abilities.
- Information on other VA benefits to include disability compensation, life insurance, Home Loan Guarantee, and Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment.
- Electing your healthcare benefits with Veterans Healthcare Administration (VHA).
- Information and referrals for VA medical and mental health services.
- Referrals to on-campus, community, and VA resources to promote academic success.
- Employment information and assistance.
For more information, assistance, or to schedule an appointment, contact Millie Hall, our VetSuccess Counselor. Millie is a Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor who has twelve years of experience in vocational rehabilitation. She has an undergraduate degree in Social Work from Averett University and a graduate degree in Rehabilitation Counseling from Virginia Commonwealth University. She is excited to be on campus and is ready to be of service to our Veteran and service member students.
VetSuccess on Campus Counselor
- Green Hall - Student Service Center
- MWRF: 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- (434) 455-1287 Attn: Millie Hall