Tuition Assistance FAQ


If you did not find what you were looking for... 

Check out these other Frequently Asked Questions or chat us live so we may assist you:

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

  •  I plan on using Tuition Assistance to pay for my tuition. How does the registration and financial check-in process work?

Tuition Assistance guides are available for each branch of service, veterans, those employed through the Department of Defense, and military spouses.


  • When is my TA authorization form due?

Due dates for TA will vary according to your branch of service. An approved paper TA form must be submitted to Liberty University no later than one week after the start date of the term in which you plan to enroll.


  • How long will it take for my TA to be processed once I submit the TA form or authorizations?

Once submitted, the Office of Military Affairs, will process your TA within 1-3 business days.
Note: If financial check-in deadlines are near, TA processing time may be extended to 3-5 business days.

Once your TA has been processed, you will receive email verification from the Office of Military Affairs. You will also receive instructions on how to complete financial check-in, which is the final step in completing your enrollment. Once you have received these instructions, please proceed with financial check-in unless otherwise advised by a Military Affairs Counselor.


  • I cannot get TA until 30-45 days prior to the start date, how do I complete Financial Check-in?

Students using Military Tuition Assistance can receive an extended Financial Check-In deadline when they are enrolled in multiple terms within a semester.  However, to receive this extended deadline, TA must secure your funding for the first course(s) by the original check-in deadline.

Please be aware that if you drop a course that you will be taking later in the semester then your financial check in deadline will revert back to your first term deadline and you could be assessed a late financial check in fee.  (Example, You are enrolled in B-term  & D-term and you decide to drop your D-term, you would now revert back to the B-term Financial Check-in deadline)


  • I need to request my Tuition Assistance, when does registration open on the GAE portal?

Registration will open eight weeks prior to the start date of the course.  Go to our GoArmyEd Dates & Deadlines page for more information.



  • How do I get a copy of my SOC Agreement/Degree Completion Plan?


You can access a copy of your degree completion plan through your ASIST account. If you are an active duty student using Tuition Assistance in an undergraduate degree please email to request a copy of your SOC Agreement.

Students using the GoArmyEd portal will have their SOC Agreements and Degree Completion Plans uploaded before the completion of their sixth credit hour that they have registered for through the GoArmyEd portal.


  • How do I change my degree on the GoArmyEd portal?

Please contact your ACES Counselor or submit a Helpdesk ticket through the GoArmyEd portal.