Chaplain Candidate Program Officer (CCPO)
The CCPO program is designed to train our nation’s pastors to become active duty, reserve, and national guard military Chaplains. The CCPO program gives seminary students supervised on-the-job training to evaluate each candidate as a prospective Chaplain. CCPO’s in the Air Force, Army, and Navy go through branch-specific officer training, as well as attend Chaplain School in Fort Jackson, SC, during their summers while in the program. In order to apply into the CCPO program, seminary students are advised to contact a Chaplain recruiter in their specific area of the country, as well as be in constant contact with their Ecclesiastic Endorser.
Here is a list of requirements that your recruiter will be looking for from you:
- Endorsement: Each applicant must be endorsed through a recognized faith group.
- Education: Each applicant needs to have a baccalaureate degree of no less than 120 semester hours from an accredited college or university. Each applicant must also be accepted into a Seminary or postgraduate degree program with no less than 93 credit hours in theological-related studies.
- Citizenship: Each applicant must be a permanent resident of the United States.
- Age: This category depends on the specific branch in which you desire to serve, ranging from 21 to 39 years of age.
- Health: Those seeking to apply into this program will need to be in good physical health.
For more specific information on each branch for CCPO please use the links below:
Looking for an Endorser?
Seminary students looking for endorsement may contact the endorsing agent for the Liberty Baptist Fellowship (LBF), Chaplain Lieutenant Colonel (Ret.) Charles Nathan Davidson. For more information concerning endorsement, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Military Chaplaincy is a Calling
Becoming a United States military Chaplain is more than a job, it is a calling. If God has placed this calling upon your life, Liberty University would like to help by providing a solid Christ-based education through our residential or online Masters of Divinity programs. If you feel that God is calling you to be a military Chaplain and are looking for a seminary to help prepare you, please give us a call at (800) 424-9595.