Military Payment Plan
The Veterans' Affairs Administration has encouraged students to carefully consider their eligibility for all veterans benefits before electing to change to the new Post-9/11 GI Bill®. For students who enroll in strictly online courses, it is often in their best interest to remain under the Montgomery GI Bill benefit if the total amount to be paid exceeds the potential under the new chapter.
So that our students can choose the benefit that best suits their need, Liberty is offering a military payment option for students remaining under the Montgomery GI Bill (Active Duty-Ch.30 and Selected Reserves-Ch.1606), Reservist Educational Assistance Program (Ch.1607), and Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (Ch.35). This payment plan helps limit the up-front costs while also allowing for additional time for the VA payment to be released to the student.
Once the Military Affairs Office receives and processes your VA paperwork, eligible students will be given the military payment option when completing Financial Check-In. Students will see this option in Financial Check-In after receiving confirmation that their VA paperwork has been received and enrolling in courses.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
To complete Financial Check-In:
- Go to www.liberty.edu/online
- Click My LU Sign In
- Click ASIST (under My Access)
- Click Student
- Click Financial Check-in
- The military payment option is for Liberty University Online students only.
- The military payment agreement completed through Financial Check-In is a binding contract. Payment will be drafted on the date(s) specified in the plan regardless of whether or not payment has been issued to the student from the Veterans' Affairs Administration. If you do not receive a payment from the VA as expected and need adjustments made to your draft amounts, you may call our office at (434) 592-5990 or (855) 355-4947 to discuss your options.
- The VA will pay the school directly for tuition and fees for those students using the Post-9/11 GI Bill (Ch.33) and VA Vocational Rehabilitation (Ch.31). The military payment option is not offered for veterans under these benefit chapters.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.