Admissions Guide for Military Spouses

Step 1 - Apply for Admission into the Program

Complete an Online Application or call (800) 424-9595 to complete an application over the phone. Please be sure to check and fill in the military spouse information under the "Military Information" portion of the application. 

Step 2 - Send in Civilian Transcripts

  • Fax / scan unofficial college transcripts. (Post-Master’s candidates must send in official transcripts for admissions purposes.)
  • Official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copy). All official transcripts must be received within 60 days of an admissions decision. If not, students will be unable to continue to register for classes.

Unofficial college transcript policy

An unofficial copy of the college transcript can either be faxed from the institution, printed from the school’s official site, or an opened copy that you may have in your possession.

Before sending unofficial college transcripts, please make sure they include the following:

  • Student's name
  • School’s name or logo printed on the document
  • Cumulative GPA
  • List of completed courses and earned credit (in a semester by semester format)
  • Degree and date conferred (if applicable)

Note: At least one course must be completed through Liberty before a student can receive an official transcript.

Step 3 – Apply for MyCAA Tuition Benefit

If you are currently the spouse of an Active Duty or Activated service member, you may be eligible for a benefit called Military Spouse Career Advancement, or MyCAA. For more information on how to apply for this benefit, please visit the MyCAA webpage.

Step 4 – If applying for Financial Aid

Visit Liberty's Financial Aid website for steps on how to complete your FAFSA.


Step 5 – Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) Agreement Issued
(undergraduate students only)

Once you are fully accepted into the program, a military degree completion plan (SOC Agreement) will be created for you, which will indicate all transfer and military credit utilized in your degree and what remaining courses must be completed before degree may be conferred.  You may request a copy of your SOC Agreement after you are fully accepted and started your first courses.

To view the unofficial degree plan for your major, visit our Military Degree Plans page.