Military Spouse Career Advancement (MyCAA)

Spouses of Active Duty or activated National Guard/Reserve service members (who are within pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2 and O1-O2) seeking an Associate’s degree, certifications and licensure programs may be eligible for the Military Spouse Career Advancement benefit which offers up to $4,000 in educational Tuition Assistance.

To determine your eligibility for this program and to register, please go to the MyCAA website. Please keep in mind funding must be requested 60-15 days prior to the start date of each course.

If you are eligible for the MyCAA program please follow these steps:

  • Apply for the MyCAA program on MyCAA website.
  • MyCAA is now requiring all students to submit an Education and Training Plan prior to MyCAA funding courses.  Please email to request a personalized Education and Training plan. Please be advised that you must be accepted and enrolled into an eligible degree or certificate program before an Education and Training plan can be created. Please review our webpage to learn more about the MyCAA Education Training Plan.
  • Military spouses may call a Military OneSource Career/Education Consultant for assistance.
    • Phone: (800) 342-9647


After the application is submitted, the military spouse will be notified of his/her eligibility status through the MyCAA messaging system.  Once approved, please complete the following:

  • Register for courses by contacting Liberty University at (800) 424-9595.
  • Request MyCAA funding for your courses.
  • You may begin requesting funding 60 days prior to the start date of the course and must request funding at least 15 days prior to the start date.
  • Please review: Things to remember when requesting MyCAA funding.
  • If you have questions please contact your MyCAA Education Counselor at (800) 342-9647.

Please note:

  • MyCAA does not cover any fees (ex: Class Fees, Books etc…).
  • The GI Bill (all chapters including Ch. 30, 1607, 1606, 33 and 35), most outside scholarships and MyCAA funding are not stackable and therefore may need to be adjusted based on the students eligibility. If a student is planning on using MyCAA funding, GI Bill and outside scholarships within the same semester please email to verify if these types of aid can be combined.


Once you receive your approved MyCAA funding form:

1. Send the MyCAA authorization for your specific courses to the Office of Military Affairs.

2. Liberty will post the MyCAA funds to your student account.

  • Once we receive your approved FA form, we will post the authorized amount of funding to your student account.

3. You will receive an email.

  • Once the funding is posted, you will receive a confirmation email to your Liberty email account stating that you are ready to complete Financial Check-in.


Things to remember when requesting MyCAA funding:

  • When you request MyCAA funding, you will need to know the start/end dates of the term(s) you are applying for.
  • You may begin requesting funding 60 days prior to the start date of your course.  You must request funding at least 15 days before the start date of your course in order for MyCAA to approve the request.

  • If you are taking an intensive you will need to put the start/end dates for the entire semester. (Example: You are taking a Spring 2015 intensive. You will need to put 1/12/2015 - 5/8/2015.)
  • MyCAA will cover up to $2000 per military fiscal year (Oct 1-Sept 30) with a total maximum coverage of $4000.
  • The Tuition cost for Military Spouses (as defined by Liberty University) in an undergraduate online program is $250 a credit hour, and $275 a credit hour for a graduate online program. To receive this discounted tuition rate, you must provide us with military verification. Please review our LU Military Benefits webpage for more information.
  • If you are taking courses that are 8 weeks long you must request the funding for each specific 8 week term. (Example: You are enrolled in one B subterm course and one D subterm course. You will need to request two different FA forms, one with the B subterm dates and the other with D subterm dates). Any FA forms received with courses that do not match the dates and/or terms will not be accepted.

Back to Top