Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision
1. Apply online or download graduate application. Submit application.
2. A Ph.D. graduate status record form with a $50.00 Deferred application fee (Assessed during financial check in).
3. Official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copies of Undergrad AND Grad degrees).
4. A Regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree that reveals evidence of fulfilling CACREP entry level standards (our current pre-requisite courses) with a minimum of 3.25 GPA. Applicants who have a regionally accredited masters in a related field (i.e., counseling, psychology, human services) are welcome to apply but, if admitted will be required to complete M.A. level pre-requisite courses listed on the Degree Completion Plan before taking any Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision courses
5. Miller’s Analogies Test (MAT) (Total score of 400 or better) score report or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score report (Total verbal and quantitative score of 300 and a 4.0 or better on the analytic writing section).
6. Two Recommendations from Professionals Familiar with Applicant’s Work and Character
7. 300-word letter of intent
8. Professional vita, indicating counseling licensure, or, a minimum of at least one year of clinical experience in the counseling field with a commitment to obtain counseling licensure prior to graduation from the program.
9. Vignette. An APA formatted research paper of 3-5 pages length (not including title page, abstract, and references) on a topic related to clinical mental health counseling
10. Personal Interview with Core Ph.D. Faculty.
11. TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test; 80 internet-based test)
If you are sending in a preliminary transcript for acceptance, you must be in your final term and planning to start your doctoral degree after the last day of class for your master’s degree. You must submit a transcript to confirm that you are in your final term. Finally, in order to maintain your acceptance and be permitted to continue in your program, you must send in an additional, final official transcript with a conferral date by the end of your first term of enrollment.
Official college transcript policy
An acceptable official college transcript is one that has been issued directly from the institution, and is in a sealed envelope with a signature across the back. If you have one in your possession, it must still be in its original sealed envelope with a signature across the back.
Call: (800) 424-9595 (toll free); (434) 582-7800 (direct)
Please send all official college transcripts to:
Liberty University Online Verification
1971 University Blvd.
Lynchburg, VA 24515
Back to Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision