VA Benefits - Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation
Vocational Rehabilitation assists veterans with service-connected disabilities by providing education funding and resources. For more information on Vocational Rehabilitation, please go to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website.
1. Contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to determine eligiblity for program
- Please contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs by phone at (800) 827-1000 for assistance with determining your eligibility. You may apply for Vocational Rehabilitation by completing and submitting VA Form 28-1900 to the Department of Veterans Affairs directly.
2. Assignment of U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Counselor
- Once approved, you will be assigned a U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Vocation Rehabilitation Counselor in your state.
3. Authorization issued to Liberty University
- Your U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor must issue a VA Form 28-1905 to Liberty University's Office of Military Affairs, which allows you to register for courses and authorizes Liberty University to post aid to your student account in a given term or year.
- Forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (434) 455-1287.
4. Register for Courses
- Register for your courses online through ASIST.
5. Complete Financial Check-In
- Once your aid has been posted, you will receive email confirmation to your Liberty email account from the VA Certifying Officials in our Office of Military Affairs. You may then proceed through Financial Check-In following the instructions provided in the email.
6. Order your books
- You will need to contact your U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor to order your books and learning materials.
7. Invoice is submitted to your U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor's office
- Once the term activates, Liberty University will submit an invoice to your U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor's office for payment.
8. Payment Issued to Liberty University
- Payment will be issued to Liberty University from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
9. Review our Policies
- Please review our Policies page. This page includes policies on Withdrawal, Advanced Pay, Remedial Courses and more.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com