Online College admissions guide for Veterans

Admissions Guide for Veterans

Step 1 - Apply for Admission into the Program

Complete an online application or call (800) 424-9595 and press 1 on the menu to complete an application over the phone. Please be sure to check and fill in the military and veteran information under the "Military Information" portion of the application.

Step 2 - Request Official Military Transcript for Evaluation

To request an official evaluation of your military training for college credit, please have your official transcripts sent directly to:

  • Liberty University Online
    Attn: Office of Transfer Evaluations
    1971 University Blvd.
    Lynchburg, VA 24515

Official military transcripts may be requested online by clicking on the applicable link below.

Department of Defense:

Official CLEP/DANTES may also be sent in for evaluation.

Step 3: Send in Civilian Transcripts

  • Fax / scan unofficial college transcripts (Post-master’s candidates must send in official transcripts for admissions purposes).
  • Mail official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copy). All official transcripts must be received by the end of the first term. If not, students will be unable to continue to register for classes.

Unofficial college transcript policy

An unofficial copy of the college transcript can either be faxed from the institution, printed from the school’s official site, or an opened copy that you may have in your possession.

Before sending unofficial college transcripts, please make sure they include the following:

  • School’s name or logo printed on the document
  • Cumulative GPA
  • List of completed courses and earned credit
  • Degree and date conferred (if applicable)

Note: At least one course must be completed through Liberty before a student can receive an official transcript.

Step 4 – Apply for Veteran Affairs (VA) Benefits (if eligible)

If eligible for VA benefits (GI Bill or VA Vocational Rehabilitation), please go to the VA Benefits/GI Bill® page for a step-by-step VA benefit guide. It is recommend that paperwork be submitted during the application process and before enrollment in courses to allow time for paperwork to be processed. 

Step 5 – If applying for Financial Aid

Visit Liberty's Financial Aid website for steps on how to complete your FAFSA.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at