Admissions Guide for Army Active Duty, Reserve & National Guard Students
Step 1 - Set up GoArmyEd Account
- Go to www.GoArmyEd.com
- Click on New Users and follow directions
- Once username & password is assigned, log-in to portal
Step 2 - Visit ACES Counselor Located at Education Office on Base
- Declare Liberty University as “home institution”
- Declare degree plan/major
Step 3 - Complete GoArmyEd Common Application
- Click on My Virtual Education Center located on the left navigation bar
- Click on Before You Enroll in a Course
- Click on Complete/Update Common Application
Please allow 4-6 business days for your application to be processed
Please do not register for courses on GoArmyEd until you receive confirmation that your application has been processed
Step 4 - Request Official JST Transcript for Evaluation
(undergraduate students only)
To request an official evaluation of your military training for college credit, please have your official transcripts sent directly to:
- Liberty University Online
Attn: Office of Transfer Evaluations
1971 University Blvd.
Lynchburg, VA 24515
Official JST transcripts may be requested online through the Joint Services Transcript website.
Official CLEP/DANTES test scores may also be sent in for evaluation.
Step 5 - Send in Civilian Transcripts
- Fax / scan unofficial college transcripts. (Post-master’s candidates must send in official transcripts for admissions purposes.)
- Mail official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copy). All official transcripts must be received by the end of the first term. If not, students will be unable to continue to register for classes.
Unofficial college transcript policy
An unofficial copy of the college transcript can either be faxed from the institution, printed from the school's official site, or an opened copy that you may have in your possession.
Before sending unofficial college transcripts, please make sure they include the following:
- School's name or logo printed on the document
- Cumulative GPA
- List of completed courses and earned credit
- Degree and date conferred (if applicable)
Note: At least one course must be completed through Liberty before a student can receive an official transcript.
Step 6 - Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) Agreement Issued
(undergraduate students only)
Once you are fully accepted into the program, a military degree completion plan (SOC Agreement) will be created for you, which will indicate all transfer and military credit utilized in your degree and what remaining courses must be completed before the degree may be conferred. Please allow 2-4 weeks for the SOC to be issued to you after you are fully accepted. A SOC template will also be uploaded in the GoArmyEd portal by the end of your second course, which will assist you in tracking your degree progress on the GoArmyEd portal.
To view the unofficial degree plan for your major, click here to visit our SOC/Degree Plans page.