Education Specialist (Ed.S.)
1. Apply online or download graduate application. Submit application.
2. $50.00 Deferred application fee (Assessed during financial check in)
3. Official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copy).
4. Master's degree in education (or a related field) with a 3.0 GPA from an institution that is accredited by an agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Applicants with a non-educational master’s degree may be required to complete M.Ed. core courses (up to 12 additional hours) before taking any post-graduate coursework.
5. One recommendation
6. Professional vita
7. TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test; 80 internet-based test)
Please note: Guidelines are subject to change in federal or state regulations for the licensure of school personnel.
If you are sending in a preliminary transcript for acceptance, you must be in your final term and planning to start your doctoral degree after the last day of class for your master’s degree. You must submit a transcript to confirm that you are in your final term. Finally, in order to maintain your acceptance and be permitted to continue in your program, you must send in an additional, final official transcript with a conferral date by the end of your first term of enrollment.
Official college transcript policy
An acceptable official college transcript is one that has been issued directly from the institution, and is in a sealed envelope with a signature across the back. If you have one in your possession, it must still be in its original sealed envelope with a signature across the back.
Call: (800) 424-9595 (toll free); (434) 582-7800 (direct)
Please send all official college transcripts to:
Liberty University Online Verification
1971 University Blvd.
Lynchburg, VA 24515
Back to Educational Specialist (Ed.S.)