Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.)
The DBA is a competitive admissions process. Meeting the requirements does not guarantee admission into the program.
1. Two entry points (Fall – app. deadline 4/30 and Spring – app. deadline 9/30)
2. Earned Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Science in Accounting (MSA) or earned MS in Information Systems or earned MS in Management Information Systems
Additional requirements will be necessary for the accounting and information systems cognate.
Cumulative GPA of 3.25 or above is required for entrance into the program from any of the acceptable degrees.
3. Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) Scores. A minimum score of 470 in the GMAT is required.
4. Statement of purpose essay- Two parts with a 500 word limit for each part (Requires a Liberty username)
5. 2 professional references that demonstrate character
7. No probationary admission
8. Admissions packets are approved by the department
9. 15 hours of course work may be transferred in (5 year age limit)/nontransferable courses- DBA 700, 785, 988, 989, 990
10. 12-Hours from a Master of Business Administration or Master of Science in Accounting specialization may apply (if needed, the students can take these online):
- Healthcare Management
- Human Resource
- Project Management
- Information Systems
- International Business
11. Residential orientation course (1 week intensive), 2 other mandatory 1 week intensives
12. TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test; 80 internet-based test)
Official college transcript policy
An acceptable official college transcript is one that has been issued directly from the institution, and is in a sealed envelope with a signature across the back. If you have one in your possession, it must still be in its original sealed envelope with a signature across the back.
Call: (800) 424-9595 (toll free); (434) 582-7800 (direct)
Please send all official college transcripts to:
Liberty University Online Verification
1971 University Blvd.
Lynchburg, VA 24515