Liberty to host Global Focus Week Feb. 11-15
Liberty University’s biannual Global Focus Week will kick off Monday, Feb. 11 and run through Friday, Feb. 15.
Organizers say the upcoming Global Focus Week will be one of the largest Liberty has hosted, with more than 115 representatives from 50 mission agencies visiting campus and bringing with them a wide variety of international experience and cultural insight to network, educate, mentor, and recruit students. Representatives will participate in special mission-focused Convocations and seminars.
Liberty’s Center for Global Engagement, partnering with Liberty’s International Student Center, will offer a series of events throughout the week to expose students to different cultures and help them get involved with missions work.
A “Parade of Nations” will serve as a special introduction to the week during Monday’s Convocation at 10 a.m. in the Vines Center. International students will enter wearing traditional dress and waving their countries’ flags.
On Wednesday, Liberty’s first graduate and founder of World Help Vernon Brewer will speak to students about being active and global servants of Christ in a desperate world.
Liberty students and alumni are constantly engaged in areas all over the world, including the school’s ongoing Restore Rwanda campaign and several short-term mission trips through Light Ministries. Global Focus Week allows students to continue pursuing these options and become more involved in missions.
Below are some highlights of the week:
- Missions representatives at organizations booths with students, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., back hallway of Arthur S. DeMoss Learning Center
- Convocation with Joanna Saxton, director at 3DM, and Children of the World performance, Vines Center, Monday, Feb. 11, 10 a.m.
- Global Coffeehouse with Joanna Saxton, Monday, Feb. 11, 7 p.m., Tilley Student Center
- Seminary Chapel with David Watson, Old Thomas Road Baptist Auditorium, Tuesday, Feb. 12, 10 a.m.
- Children of the World Concert, Vines Center, Tuesday, Feb. 12, 6 p.m.
- Convocation with Vernon Brewer, Liberty alumnus and founder of World Help, Vines Center, Wednesday, Feb. 13, 10 a.m.
- Campus Church “End it Movement” campaign against ending slavery, Thomas Road Baptist Church, Wednesday, Feb. 13, 7:30 p.m.
- “Taste of the Nations,” with food prepared by Liberty’s international students, Wednesday, Feb. 13, 9 p.m., Schilling Center