1. Purpose of blogs on University websites
- The purpose of providing blog functionality on Liberty University’s websites is to foster internal and external communication about topics relating to the University.
2. Bloggers and Blog Publishers
- Permission to create blogs is given to academic deans and administrators.
They may in turn grant permission to persons in their departments as they
- Each Blogger and their Blog Publisher are responsible for the content appearing in their blogs. Students may not be Blog Publishers.
3. Topics encouraged in blogs
- Academic subjects, research, etc.
- Spiritual life.
- Campus life & campus events.
- Athletics (most relevant within athletic departments).
4. Topics prohibited in blogs
- Topics inconsistent with the University’s mission and doctrinal statement.
- Foul or abusive language.
5. Blog locations
- Links to blogs should not appear on the official page or navigation for a department, except for a dean/administrator’s blog or featured blog, if desired.
6. Submitted comments
- Blog authors may choose to turn the comment functionality on or off for their blog. All comments must be approved by a Blog Publisher before they are posted.
- If the Blog Publisher chooses to accept comments for a blog, he is responsible to review the comments and approve them to be posted. The Blog Publisher is also responsible for the content of the approved comments.