Service | Compassion | Generosity
- Saturday, Nov. 4
- 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Uptown Ministry Center (146 East Main Street)
The goal of the MCCC is to provide medical services to those in need with the firm commitment to attention, dedication, efforts, and professionalism in health and other services to patients, family, and the community.
Serving as a Community
Many residents of Central Virginia (VA) face health challenges that require comprehensive and preventive services, like food, housing, medical, etc. MCCC aims to connect these residents with available resources within their own community to help improve their health and wellness.
The following complimentary community and health services will be offered on Saturday, Nov. 4:
- Mental Health
- Substance Abuse
- Hand and foot care
- Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT)
- Pre-K education screenings
- Addition recovery
- Disability services
The Osteopathic Approach
Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine (LUCOM) student-doctors will assist those patients with musculoskeletal pain and provide Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM), a non-invasive, hands-on approach that is used to diagnose and treat illness and injury.
The Martinsville Community Care Collaborative is supported by:
- Adecco Staffing
- Adult Education, Martinsville City Public Schools
- Altrusa International, Inc.
- Boys and Girls Club of the Blue Ridge
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) for Children (Martinsville, Henry County)
- Disability Rights and Resource Center
- Grace Network of Martinsville-Henry County
- Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Martinsville Henry County Coalition for Health and Wellness
- Martinsville-Henry County Family YMCA
- Patrick Henry Community College
- Pregnancy Care Center of Martinsville and Henry County
- Smart Beginnings
- Southern Area Agency on Aging
- Step Inc. (Martinsville)
- The Community Fellowship and Dream Center
- The Salvation Army (Martinsville)
- United Way of Henry County and Martinsville
- Virginia Department of Health
- Virginia Department of Veterans Services (Martinsville)
- Virginia Employment Commission (Martinsville)
- Virginia Workforce Center (Martinsville)