Clinical Adjunct Faculty
Thank you for investing in the education of our future physicians. Our third-and-fourth year medical rotation programs would not exist if it were not for your partnership with the Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine (LUCOM).
The Office of Clinical Education, in conjunction with the Office of Medical Education, believes that faculty development can help prepare you with the knowledge and skills that you’ll need for your role. We are dedicated to providing you with resources and opportunities to enhance and/or develop your interests.
The Office of Faculty Development/Medical Education offers the following PDF documents and PowerPoint presentations to assist you in your role as preceptor. The PowerPoint presentations are approximately 20-30 minutes in length.
Questions and comments should be directed to the Office of Medical Education at: LUCOMMedEd@liberty.edu.
Clinical Adjunct Materials
- EPA Reference Guide
- Evaluation of Student-Doctor by Preceptor (Rubic)
- Microskills Model of Clinical Teaching
- Module 1 - Challenges of Effective Clinical Teaching
- Module 2 - Entrustable Professional Activities (EPAs)
- Student Orientation Checklist
Letters of Recommendation
As LUCOM student-doctors continue in their clinical education, the season for Letters of Recommendation (LoR) will soon be here. The Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS®) is a service of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) and consists of MyERAS for applicants, Dean’s Office Workstation (DWS) for medical schools, Program Director’s Workstation (PDWS) for training programs and the ERAS Letter of Recommendation Portal (LoRP) for LoR Authors (LoRA).
Each clinical adjunct faculty is asked to review the following documents:
- ERAS LoR and LoR Author Support
- LoRP User Guide – step-by-step instructions for letter authors
- LoR Document Support – components of a compelling letter, guidelines for letter writing (material forthcoming)
- LoR Release
- MyERAS Residency User Guide – instructions, information on features of the ERAS for student-doctors (pages 26-29 specifically reference LoRs)
- ERAS Student Screenshots – detailing the process for student-doctors, since they are not included in the MyERAS guide
- ERAS-LoR Portal User Guide