Yingguang Liu, PhD
Associate Professor of Microbiology
Department of Molecular and Cellular Sciences
Phone: (434) 592-7344
- PhD, Ohio University
- MM, Shanghai Medical University
- BM, Shandong Medical University
- Member of the Creation Biology Society
- Leader of the Chinese Creation Science Association
- LUCOM Faculty Appointment and Promotion Committee
- LUCOM Student Scholarship Committee
- LUCOM Library and Technology Committee
- Has taught multiple courses on microbiology, molecular genetics, and infectious diseases
- Former president of Ohio University Chinese Bible Study Group
Yingguang Liu earned a Bachelor of Medicine at Shangdong Medical University (now Shandong University School of Medicine), a Master of Medicine at Shanghai Medical University (now Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University), and a PhD in Biological Sciences at Ohio University. He took courses in Bible doctrines, church history, and Koine Greek at Maranatha Baptist Bible College.
Dr. Liu served for 4 years as a physician in Jinan Infectious Diseases Hospital, specializing in clinical management of infectious diseases. Before joining LUCOM, he served for 11.5 years in Maranatha Baptist Bible College (now Maranatha Baptist University), where he taught diverse undergraduate courses including calculus physics, biochemistry, and molecular genetics.
Dr. Liu’s research focuses on human endogenous retroviruses (HERVs), especially HERV activities in immunoendocrinology. He is also interested in the implications of HERVs in the natural history of the human race
Read his Faculty Spotlight.