Customer Service Center: (434) 582-2506
The Borrowing Services Department serves customers by providing assistance and access to library materials. Liberty students, faculty, and staff may borrow materials. Community members may borrow materials with the payment of a $10 annual fee. Alumni may request a complimentary Community Card.
Periodicals and reference materials are for use in the library only and cannot be borrowed--Except for faculty and staff by special arrangement.
Faculty may put any type of materials on reserve for either 3 hours, 24 hours, or 3 days.
Items on reserve are only available to Liberty students, faculty, and staff.
- Students, staff, and community members check out in person with their card.
- Faculty can have items delivered to them by the library or have designated persons check out items for them by completing a Checkout Permission Form and emailing it to Kim Sandidge, Head of Borrowing Services. Printed permission forms will only be accepted if they are hand-delivered by the faculty member.
- General items: 30 Days or end of semester (60 Days for faculty)
- DVDs: 7 Days
- Curriculum Materials: Curriculum materials have different borrowing periods based on collection. Juvenile easy, fiction, nonfiction, biography, and Young Adult books follow the same borrowing period as general items. All other materials have 3 days borrowing.
- Reserve items: 3 Hours, 24 Hours, or 3 Days
Item Checkout Limit
- General items:
- Undergraduate Students and Staff: 25
- Faculty: 50
- Graduate Students: 35
- Community Members and Alumni: 10
- DVDs: 3
- Curriculum Materials: 3
- Reserve items: 3
Renew items through your library account or by contacting the Customer Service Center or the Curriculum Library. Renewals cannot be processed for items that have that have a hold from another customer.
Number of times an item can be renewed in the same checkout period.
- General items: 1
- DVDs: 1
- Curriculum Materials: Juvenile easy, fiction, nonfiction, biography, and Young Adult books follow the same renewal limits as general items. All other materials are N/A.
- Reserve items: N/A
Borrowed items are expected to be returned in satisfactory condition to the Customer Service Center or the book drop outside of the first floor entrance to the Library. Replacement charges may be applied to the customer if an item is not returned in satisfactory condition.
Note: Customers who receive overdue notices for items already returned should report this to the Customer Service Center at once.
This policy is subject to change at any time. See the full Borrowing Services Policy.