February 16, 2009
It is a given fact that girls enjoy few things more than a good old fashion Girls Night Out. There is nothing better than rounding up your few close friends and hitting the town for a night out. While Lynchburg isn’t the biggest city, there is still plenty of fun and creative things to do for a night out. Feel free to combine any of the following ingredients to whip up the best Girls Night Out.
1) Dinner: Dinner is a staple in any Girl’s Night Out. Lynchburg has a variety of restaurants to choose from, but make sure you make reservations at the restaraunts that take them because they tend to fill up fast on the weekends. A few of the popular choices include Olive Garden, O’Charley’s, The Neighbors Place (Wyndhurst), Thai 99, and a new favorite, Waterstone Pizza (downtown).
2) Movies: Going to the movies is probably the most popular of events on the weekends. Lynchburg has an amazing dollar theater right near campus, and there are also two other theaters that play more current movies. Pick one of these places, and you can’t go wrong.
3) Art to See: Lynchburg is a town that boasts more art than what might first meet the eye. The Mezzanine is a coffeeshop dowtown that displays artwork and hosts musicians from time to time. Liberty also hosts “Campus Artist Series” in the new Tilley Center for students to show off their music skills. The local high schools, colleges, and art centers also put on several plays a year that are open to the public.
4) Art to Do: Or maybe you are looking for some type of art to get involved with. Salsa Nights is hosted most Friday evenings at the Dance Theater of Lynchburg, which would make for a really fun and entertaining night out. Other venues randomly host swing and ballroom dancing lessons. Painting pottery is always a lot of fun, so take the girls down to All Fired Up in Boonsboro. There you can paint pottery, and they even have “Ladies Night Out” events periodically.
5) Go Out Of Town: Though there are a lot of things to do in Lynchburg, there are several cities nearby that are fun to visit. Charlottesville and Roanoke are two cities that are really nice to visit anytime of the year.
6) Explore Downtown: The downtown area of Lynchburg has a lot to see and do. Tours of the city are given through several services and there is a lot of history to be learned in the town.
7) Dessert/Coffee: There is no better way to top off a Girl’s Night Out than with a good sweet snack. Whether you are in the mood for a slice of pie or a good caramel frappucino, there are plenty of places to visit. Lynchburg has several coffee shops including Starbucks, The Drowsy Poet, The Daily Grind, and the White Hart.
Now you are all ready to hit the town and have a fun and entertaining Girls Night Out! Check out these websites for more information.