February 13, 2008
The Liberty Mountain Trail System consists of approximately 60 miles of single and double track trails and logging roads spanning approximately 5,000 acres. The mountain rises to over 1,360 feet and offers cross country and gravity-fed trails for both hiking and mountain biking.
Directional and safety signage is currently being installed and map kiosks are being constructed at each trailhead.
Later this fall a pump track and skills area will be completed as well.
The trail system is open to the public during daylight hours.
Now, you can view the Liberty Mountain Trail System in Google Earth® in full 3D by simply following these directions:
1. Make sure that you have the latest version of Google Earth® installed, and that your computer meets the hardware requirements to run it. If you’re not sure, visit http://earth.google.com/ for more information.
2. Download the “Liberty University Trail System.zip” file by clicking on the "Download" button below:
3. Unzip the “Liberty_University_Trail_System.zip” file.
4. Open the “Liberty University Trail System" folder, and double click the “Liberty University Trail System.kmz” file and wait for it to open in Google Earth®.
5. Enjoy navigating through the Liberty University Trail System in Google Earth®.
Note: Click the “Liberty University Trail System – MAP KEY” icon to view a Map Key.