Withdrawal from Law School
If you withdraw from the School of Law during the semester, you will receive a refund of tuition and fees* as follows:
- 100% before the end of the first week of classes
- 50% after the start of the second week and before the end of the fourth week of classes
- 25% after the start of the fifth week and before the end of the seventh week of classes
- No refunds will be issued for withdrawal after the start of the eighth week of classes
There is a $50 processing fee for withdrawal from the School of Law.
* Students must contact LUPD regarding parking registration refunds. No portion of the Barbri fee will be refunded for any withdrawal occurring after the end of the first week of classes.
Withdrawal will result in the proration of all loans and scholarships based on the total number of days of attendance. Please be aware that having enough financial aid to cover your charges at the beginning of the semester does not ensure that your financial aid will completely cover your charges at the time of withdrawal.
Financial Aid Refund
A credit balance on your account that is a result of loans or overpayment will be refunded within the maximum time frame established by the federal guidelines.
At the beginning of each semester, loans are disbursed on the 21st day of classes, and your refunds are issued via BankMobile on the 25th day of classes.
Before a refund can be processed, you must register your refund preference with BankMobile. You can choose from three refund options:
- Deposit to a BankMobile Vibe Account, an optional checking account serviced by BankMobile (You will receive a BankMobile card.)
- Deposit to another bank account
- Paper check
Any credit that is the result of an overpayment will be refunded to you within 14 days from the day you submit a written request for your credit to be refunded. Refund requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.