Master of Laws (LL.M.) in International Legal Studies - Online
Get the advanced education you need in the field of international law. The Master of Laws (LL.M.) in International Legal Studies from Liberty Law is an online, postgraduate degree program that can help to enhance your professional legal career. With teaching consistent with the rule of law, the LL.M. will give you a greater understanding of the international normative context in which international legal practice takes place.
Considering the increasing global economic context, many of today's lawyers need a greater understanding of the international legal doctrines, ideas, and norms that influence their practice in areas like trade, business, and human rights law.
An LL.M. in International Legal Studies can help you pursue a career in:
- International legal practice
- Domestic and foreign policy
- International organizations
And because the LL.M. is an online program, you have the opportunity to study these advanced areas of law without the need to travel or relocate.
The Master of Laws is a 24-credit hour program at the following rates:
- $615/credit hour (part-time)
- $565/credit hour (full-time)
Admissions Requirements for the Master of Laws:
- Conferred Juris Doctor from an accredited U.S. law school or a first law degree (LL.B. or the equivalent) from an international law school.
- Complete an application for admission via the Law School Admission Council (LSAC). In the LSAC system, select the Future LL.M. Students tab, and create an account to begin the process. You must have an account to be able to select Liberty University. Complete each section, including the Personal Statement. All questions must be answered completely.
- Subscribe to the LL.M. Document Assembly Service (fee is $85- LSAC's fee) and submit copies of all undergraduate, graduate, and law/professional school transcripts to LSAC.
- International students must also subscribe to the International Transcript Authentication and Evaluation Service ($135 fee- LSAC's fee) via LSAC.
- Submit two letters of recommendation. The LSAC Letter of Recommendation Service must receive them.
- A curriculum vitae or résumé must be included in the application.
- Pay the Law School Report Fee ($30-LSAC's fee).
For more information call Liberty University Online Admissions at (800) 424-9595.