Withdrawal Refund Policy
Any student who withdraws from the School of Law during the semester will receive a refund of tuition and University fees* as follows:
- 100% before the end of the first week of classes
- 50% after the start of the second week and before the end of the fourth week
- 25% after the start of the fifth week and before the end of the seventh week
- No refunds will be issued for withdrawal after the start of the 8th week
There is a $50 processing fee for withdrawal from the School of Law.
* Students must contact LUPD regarding parking registration refunds.
Withdrawal will result in the proration of all loans and scholarships based on the total number of days of enrollment. Please be aware that having enough financial aid to cover your charges at the beginning of the semester does not ensure that your financial aid will completely cover your charges at the time of withdrawal.
Financial Aid Refund
A credit on a student’s account that is a result of loans or overpayment will be refunded within the maximum time frame established by the federal guidelines.
At the beginning of each semester, loans are disbursed on the 21st day of classes, and refunds are issued to the student, via Higher One, on the 25th day of classes.
Any credit that is the result of an overpayment will be refunded to the student within 14 days from the day the student submits a written request for the credit to be refunded. Refund requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before refunds can be processed, students must register their refund preferences through their Higher One Card according to the written instructions provided when the students received their Higher One Card in the mail. Students choose from two refund options:
- Easy Refund-Open the OneAccount: The OneAccount is an FDIC insured checking account with no minimum balance and no monthly fees for students. The Higher One Card serves as your bank (DEBIT) card for the OneAccount and can be used anywhere MasterCard is accepted. Your funds will be available to you within one business day after being released by the University.
- ACH Transfer: Your funds will be electronically deposited into your existing bank account. When activating your Higher One Card you will be prompted to complete a form to provide Higher One the account and routing number to complete the transaction. Your funds will be available in three to five business days after being released by the University.