COMPUTER INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
Liberty University School of Law encourages law students to own a computer. Liberty University's Computer Recommendations website provides computer specifications for students who wish to purchase one. The School of Law recommends that law students consult this website for updated recommendations for hardware and software to achieve optimum computer performance and network support.
PURCHASING A COMPUTER
Liberty University has agreements with computer manufacturers to offer special pricing for Liberty students. For more information visit the University's IT Marketplace on the Help Desk website.
Laptop or Desktop? Laptop computers are popular with law students due to their portability, usefulness in class, ubiquitous wireless access in the School of Law, and use during exams.
The University's IT Marketplace provides special pricing of up to 80% off normal retail for Microsoft software purchased by Liberty University students and law students.
CLASSROOM COMPUTER USAGE
1. Only portable computers may be used in the classroom.
2. Classrooms are equipped with electrical outlets (two per table) and wireless capabilities to accommodate the use of laptop computers during class.
3. Use of printers in the classroom is prohibited.
4. Computer volume should be set so that no audible signal is heard.
5. Screen Savers should be set to a black screen (“none”).
6. In any situation in which the use of a computer causes a disruption in the classroom, the professor may require that such usage be discontinued.
Help Desk (www.liberty.edu/helpdesk)
Users: All Students
Hours: Check website or call for current hours of operation.
Location: CN 1539