MEMBERSHIP SELECTION PROCESS
A. Student Requirements
A student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 after the end of the student’s first year of law school (excluding any grades for summer courses) to be eligible for LULR candidacy. Students who are eligible or who think they may be eligible for LULR candidacy may participate in the Write-On Competition.
B. An Overview of the Write-On Process
The Write-On Competition consists of:
1. a closed research case Note problem;
2. a personal essay; and
3. a grammar/Bluebook citation assignment.
The Write-On Competition shall be administered through the LULR TWEN website. All submissions shall be made anonymously and shall remain anonymous until invitations have been issued. Before the beginning of the competition, each student will receive a secret identification number from Mrs. Nijakowski. This number will be used throughout the process for all identification purposes.
The Editorial Board will extend an offer of Law Review candidacy to a competitor based on the competitor’s performance in the Write-On Competition.
• The Editorial Board will not consider a competitor’s GPA
(other than to ensure a 3.0 minimum) or a competitor’s previously
demonstrated writing skills in determining whether to invite a competitor
to be a Law Review candidate.
• The Editorial Board will grade the responses anonymously.
• Multiple editors will grade each response.
• There is no automatic number of invitations that will be extended;
the number of invitations will depend on the quality of the responses