This page is the official source of information from Liberty University Information Services.
In order to stay in compliance with Financial Aid regulatory deadlines, Information Services has scheduled a planned downtime for Banner on Friday, September 8th at 10:00 p.m. until Saturday, September 9th at 12:00 p.m. During this time, Banner PPRD will be online and systems will be redirected to the pre-production instance. Financial Check In will be available on Saturday, September 9th at 10:00 a.m.
Please note, myLU portal will be available and will link to other Liberty services including: Blackboard, Student email, and Staff email.
Date and Time of Downtime:
- Taken Offline: Friday, September 8th at 10:00 p.m.
- Online by: Saturday, September 9th at 12:00 p.m.
*Financial Check-In will be available on Saturday, September 9th at 10:00 a.m.
Financial Check-In, EZ-Proxy (Off-campus access to full-text library resources), most streaming videos (including in Blackboard courses), Financial Check-In, and DegreeWorks. For a full list, see the Services Impacted section below.
Blackboard access for students will remain available during this time.
In addition to the services listed below, posting final grades, early warning, and the student roster functionality in Blackboard will be unavailable. All other Blackboard functions will remain online.
All Services Impacted
- Account Creation Tool
- ActivityTool 2
- Admissions Gateway (CFAW)
- Argos job submission and reporting
- Banner (INB and ASIST)
- Banner Xtender
- Blackboard - Faculty (Early Warning, Post Final Grades, Student Roster, Non-Academic Incident Report, Academic Incident Report)
- Blackboard Course Restore Tool
- Book Vouchers
- Canvas enrollments/registration for LUOA, Utilities LTI, Post Final Grades
- Canvas Utilities LTI
- Campaign Enterprise
- Degree Works
- Faculty Hierarchy Tool
- Faculty Portfolio Tool
- Financial Check In
- Flames Pass Photo Upload
- Homecoming Registration and Alumni Registration Admin
- IT Marketplace
- Leads Processing
- LU Assignment Scheduler
- LU Card ID Scan (Card Swipe/Swiper)
- LU Disburser
- LU Events Admin
- LU Temp ID
- LU Today App (Blackboard, Degree Completion Plan, Flames Pass, Directory, and Liberty Loyalty modules)
- Media.Liberty.edu (streaming videos)
- MyParkingDecal (LUPD Admin)
- Online payment transactions (all)
- Online Transcript requests
- P-Card System
- SharePoint will remain online but Banner-related workflows will be down
- Transportation Request (Shuttles)
- Visual Zen (VZ) Events
- Visual Zen (VZ) Application Processing
- Visual Zen (VZ) Orientation
- WebCheckout Import Job
- 25 Live
Information Technology works to minimize the occurrence of outages, both planned and unplanned. We have policies and systems in place to allow us to perform most network maintenance without customer impact, but occasionally, planned downtime period is needed. If you have any comments about the upcoming outage, please email email@example.com