Upcoming System Downtime
This page is the official source of information from Liberty University Information Technology.
Friday, November 21, 10:00 p.m. - Sunday, November 23, 6:00 p.m.
As part of a continuing effort to improve and maintain our network, Information Technology will be conducting planned maintenance on our Banner database system this weekend.
Financial Check-In, EZ-Proxy, most streaming videos (including in Blackboard courses), housing registration, and class registration are the major tools that will be unavailable during this time. For a full list, see the Services Impacted section below.
Blackboard access for students will remain entirely available during this time.
In addition to the services listed below, posting final grades, early warning, and the student roster functionality in Blackboard will be unavailble. All other Blackboard function will remain online.
Staff Impact/Services Impacted
- Account Creation Tool
- Ad-Astra Campus Scheduler
- Admissions Gateway
- Argos job submission and reporting
- Banner (INB and ASIST)
- Banner Xtender
- Blackboard - Faculty (Early Warning, Post Final Grades, Student Roster)
- Book Vouchers
- Canvas enrollments/registration for LUOA
- Campaign Enterprise
- Degree Works
- Faculty Portfolio Tool
- Family Day/Family Weekend
- Financial Check In
- Flames Pass Photo Upload
- IT Marketplace
- Leads Processing
- LU Card ID Scan (Card Swipe/Swiper)
- LU Events Admin
- LU Temp ID
- LU Today App (Course, Degree Completion Plan, Flames Pass, Directory, and Media modules)
- Media.Liberty.edu (streaming videos)
- Online payment transactions (all)
- Online Student Application Submission
- Online Transcript requests
- P-Card System
- SharePoint will remain online but Banner-related workflows will be down
- Shuttle Reservation System
- Visual Zen (VZ) Events
- Vizual Zen (VZ) Application Processing
- 25 Live
Information Technology works to minimize the occurrence of outages, both planned and unplanned. We have policies and systems in place to allow us to perform most network maintenance without customer impact, but occasionally a planned downtime period is needed. If you have any comments about the upcoming outage, please email email@example.com