Heroes Fund Scholarship (HFS)
Liberty University is proud of our country’s heroes who have given so much for our freedom. We know that this freedom comes at a high price for many. To show appreciation for our service members who have been wounded while protecting our liberties, Liberty University has created the Heroes Fund Scholarship.
Who is eligible?
The Heroes Fund Scholarship is offered to service members and honorably discharged Gulf War (1990-present day which includes Desert Shield, Desert Storm, OEF & OIF) veterans pursuing their first Bachelor's and/or Master's degree meeting one or more of the following criteria:
- Be a recipient of the prestigious Purple Heart OR
- Rated 50-100% disabled by the Department of Veterans Affairs for a “combat-related” Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)* OR
- Rated 50-100% disabled by the Department of Veterans Affairs for “combat-related” injury, illness, or condition*
- OR a Spouse was killed in action during one of the Gulf Wars.
*See Important Information below
Heroes Fund is governed by the Recipient Standard Operating Procedure
Heroes Fund may be used for a student's first Certificate, Associate's, Bachelor's and/or Master's degree.
- The Heroes Fund Scholarship program is intended for those students who are pursuing their first Bachelor's and/or Master's degree only.
- Applicants who have already obtained a Bachelor's and Master's degree at another institution or Liberty University and/or are registered as a non-degree seeking student at Liberty University are not eligible at this time.
- This scholarship is provided by the generous donation of Liberty University supporters. Continued award of this scholarship may be re-evaluated based on the availability of funds and increased need/applications.
- Changes in what the HFS may or may not cover may change between semesters without any advance notice.
If you feel you are eligible to receive this scholarship, but your situation is not listed above, please complete an application (see How to Apply) and submit supporting documentation.