Living in God's Grace
Do we consider God's grace in our every day activities? Let's look at some passages describing God's grace:
- Titus 2:11: "For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men."
- Ephesians 2:8-9: "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast."
- 2 Timothy 2:1-2: "You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus, and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also."
One of my friends described grace as "Christ in us". Grace can also be described as being given a gift we do not deserve. Believers, we have Christ in us and we do not deserve His grace; therefore, how do we respond?
- When we have an opportunity to say thanks
- When we have an opportunity to care for a neighbor
- When we have the privilege of offering forgiveness
- When we are considering leaving a tip for the waiter or waitress
- In that moment when we get to select words of encouragement
Do others see God's grace in us? God bless. Please comment below and share with with your friends.
"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever." Psalm 118:1
Posted at 9:44 AM | Comments (15)