How do you help out in your community?
Are you a Sunday school teacher, nursery worker, deacon, sing in the choir or other volunteer in your church? Do you serve at your local hospital or homeless shelter? Let's share where we are serving so that we may inspire someone else to go help someone today.
Here are some verses that always inspire care and selflessness:
- Galatians 5:13, "You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love."
- Galatians 6:2, "Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."
- Luke 6:38, " Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”"
- Luke 10:27, "He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’"
- Hebrews 13:16, "And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased."
- 1 John 3:17, "If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person?"
Select "comments" below to share your own story with us. How do you help out in your church or community? God bless and thanks for sharing with our online community.
Posted at 2:35 PM | Comments (16)