Working with Tables in Web Manager 2
Working with tables in WYSIWYG boxes is easy when you know how! This post will assist you in all things having to do with tables.
View a 2-minute video tutorial on creating tables
- To create a new table, simply use the "table" button in the WYSIWYG tool menu.
- This will open the table properties for a new table. From here, you have options to set the number of rows/columns, the dimensions, border size, and alignment. In almost all cases, you want to set the width of your table to "100%" so that it uses the entire width of the page.
- There a few options for editing an existing table by right-clicking in the table, such as editing the cell, row, column, table properties, or deleting the table altogether. You can also delete individual cells, rows, or columns.
- "Cell Properties" offers many options for editing tables, and can be found by right-clicking in the desired cell and selecting "Cell" from the menu, and then "Cell Properties."
- From here, you can set the alignment for the contents in the cell, set a background color (it is best to only use neutral colors, like gray), and adjust the width and height of the cell.
- If you have set your table to a width of 100%, you can then set cells to a certain percentage of the table by changing the drop-down from "pixels" to "percent."
More on Cells
- Cells can be deleted, merged, and split. By right-clicking and selecting "Cell" from the menu, you will see these options for editing cells.
- For merging cells, you can also highlight the cells you want to merge before right-clicking, and then be given the direct option to "Merge Cells" (as opposed to "Merge Right" or "Merge Down").
Posted at 11:32 AM | Comments (0)