Merry Christmas: It's More Than a Greeting
What are we saying when we wish someone “Merry Christmas”? Do you understand the significance of the greeting?
Christmas is more than:
- An entry on the calendar
- A package under the tree
- A card in the mail
- A service at church
- A gathering with family and friends
- All of the decorations on the house
Christmas is so much more.
- Romans 3:23 reads, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
- Romans 6:23 reads, “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Long ago, God determined we were worth saving; therefore, He implemented a redemption plan. John 3:16 reads, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.”
From John 3:16, we gather:
- We are all perishing; however, there is hope.
- God determined He would save us because He loves us.
- God gave us a gift: His Son.
- We can have eternal life by believing on Jesus.
As we celebrate the birth of Jesus, let us also reflect on God’s redemption plan for us.
Online Community, what are your thoughts about this topic? Share with us so that we can all grow and be encouraged. Select "comments" below. God bless and merry Christmas.
Posted at 11:41 AM | Comments (6)