Who I am in Christ
It is helpful to occasionally reflect on who God says we are. We get distracted by online ads and malls that tell us we should be someone else. Let's stop for a moment and read some Scripture.
- You are fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:14 reads, "I will praise Thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are Thy works; and that my soul knows it very well."
- You are a new creation. Ephesians 4:24 reads, "and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness."
- You are His workmanship. Ephesians 2:10 reads, "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."
- You are a friend of Jesus. John 15:15 reads, "No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you."
- You are a citizen of Heaven. Philippians 3:20 reads, "But our citizenship is in Heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ."
- You are an ambassador of Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:20 reads, "Therefore, we are ambassadors of Christ, God making His appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God."
As we approach Thanksgiving, let us remember who He says we are. How can we not give thanks? Please take a moment and respond below. If we encourage one person, we have accomplished a great thing.
Posted at 2:12 PM | Comments (10)