Where Is My Faith?
Read through John 7:1-13. Verse 13 reads, "But no one would say anything publicly about Him (Jesus) for fear of the leaders."
Does that apply today? Is our fear holding us back? Are we so concerned with what others think of us that we are willing to avoid speaking of Him who set us free?
In Mark 4:35-41, Jesus asked the disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?"
Where is my faith? Is my faith in me and my abilities or is my faith in Jesus alone and what He accomplished on the cross?
Here are some verses that are helpful when struggling with fear:
- Proverbs 29:25, "The fear of man brings a snare, but he who trusts in the Lord will be exalted."
- Isaiah 2:22, "Stop trusting in mere humans, who have but a breath in their nostrils. Why hold them in esteem."
- Psalm 118:6, "The Lord is on my side, I will not fear. What can man do to me?"
- Romans 1:16, "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile."
- Psalm 27:1, "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"
Don't miss the opportunity to speak up about Jesus today.
Posted at 12:45 PM | Comments (0)