Intentional Bible Reading
Reading your Bible doesn't just happen. You have to be deliberate.
Recently I saw a funny infographic showing how someone could accomplish a life goal. The graphic was filled with lots of stuff and distractions; however, there was one straight line going through the picture. That line represented the path each of us should take with any goal. Basically, “sit down and get it done” was the message.
Reading your Bible is a similar process.
We have to choose to sit down and make Bible reading a priority. Here are some thoughts:
- Decide the best time for you to sit down privately.
- Find a quiet place.
- Pray and ask God to help you focus.
- Ignore the distractions.
- Choose to put God first.
- Start with the book of Luke or Mark.
- Select a few verses or a chapter to read. Don’t read too much.
- Talk to God about what you are reading.
- Use a journal to write down your thoughts about the passage and your personal application.
- Share with at least one person what you read that day.
Repeat this process over and over, day after day.
You can do this.
Posted at 9:58 PM | Comments (2)