Being an Engaged Online Student
Here are some ideas on being an engaged online student at Liberty University.
Convocation and Other Events
Watch the Liberty University Convocation services live on M/W/F at 10:00 a.m. (EST). This is also streamed at 11:00 p.m. (EST). We stream recorded Convocation services throughout the week. http://www.liberty.edu/live.
- Be updated on the events of YOUR university.
- Pray for the things that are on the hearts of the campus leadership.
- Get excited about what God is doing at Liberty University.
Note: you can also watch these events on your mobile device.
- At Online Communities, join in the live chat conversation and tell us how you are being blessed by the worship team, challenged by the speaker, or just have a comment.
- Ask the Campus Pastors to pray for you.
- Use social media to invite your friends, family and classmates to watch an event with you. See http://www.liberty.edu/live.
- Follow the Online Communities office on Twitter. (@LibertyUConnect). We'll keep you updated on upcoming events.
- Email the Online Communities office and tell us how you are being blessed throughout the week. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stay in contact with your professor as this is critical for academic success. Read through your notes and ask questions.
- Participate in the class lectures, projects and discussion boards. I'm suggesting you go above what is required and jump in with both feet.
- Pray for your teacher and classmates. Keep a notebook near where you study and write in this everyday as you are asked to pray.
- Enroll in more classes. Part-time students are generally less engaged than full-time students.
- Stay in touch with your Academic Advisor. He or she will have updated information for you as you pursue your degree.
Come for a Visit
There are many opportunities to visit the campus. Here are just a few:
- Bring someone to College for a Weekend
- Graduates, walk in Commencement
- Alumni, come to Homecoming
- Attend an athletic event on campus
- Enroll for an Intensive course on campus
Call the Visitor's Center at 434-582-2064 if you have questions about events, accommodations, tours, etc.
Posted at 1:36 PM | Comments (1)