Editors - procedures for updates
As you know, we've made phenomenal progress on the Provost's plan for Academic web content. With this implementation have come some changes in procedures for updates. This post gives a simple breakdown of what has changed, and how.
As you know, the publishing process now goes through our team and the Provost's office. Here is the procedure:
- Keep your pages up to date and accurate, as always
- After you complete edits simply hit the "submit for approval" button
- Our team will receive your page(s) the next day, and will:
- Publish them (non-academic content), or
- Pass them on to the Provost's team (academic content) for publishing
Pages should be published within 1-2 business days after being submitted for approval, we will email you with any questions about you updates.
Need to update your navigation? No problem!
- For small updates: Send our team an email with your requested updates, we can usually complete this by the next day
- If you need to overhaul your entire navigation: Submit a project request to Marketing
Need to delete some pages? No problem!
- Make sure the pages on the chopping block are not linked to - this will prevent broken links
- With the page open in Web Manager, choose "Information" (left-hand side, under "Page Tools")
- Choose the "Links to this page" tab, and check for links
- Remove any existing links
- Email the contact on the Web Manger homepage a list of the PIDs that need to be deleted
- Sit back and sip some cola - your pages will be toast
As an Editor, your pages will be signed-off by our team upon approval after you have submitted them. You can still view the list of pages pending Sign-Off, which is helpful for keeping your pages up to date.
Posted at 4:01 PM | Comments (0)