A Moment of Reflection
What are you thankful for today? Can you list five things? On occasion, I will ask my kids what they got for Christmas (10 months ago) and it is interesting to see if they can remember the gifts and the givers. Can you do it?
Occasionally, we should take some time to deliberately reflect on the gifts we have received from God. This could be a job, food on the table, a roof over our head, a good church family, and so much more. Here are some things on my mind today as I write this:
- I am thankful for my wife. God allowed our paths to cross twenty years ago in the Adirondack Mountains. I am a better follower of Christ because of my wife.
- I am thankful for my kids. I wake up every day and think, “I can’t believe that I get to be a dad.” God has used my kids to mold me into a better father.
- I am thankful for my mom and my siblings. God has used them to help shape me into the man I am today.
- I am thankful for God’s plan for me. He has guided and directed my every step and I acknowledge Him even now. He has been good.
- I am thankful for Jesus. I am in awe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins. He took my place. I recognized a long time ago that I am a sinner in need of a Savior. Ephesians 1:7 says, “In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our sins, according to the riches of His grace.”
Please take a moment to reflect and share what you are thankful for. Our online community will benefit from your feedback.
Posted at 10:56 AM | Comments (12)