Time. We were given 1,440 minutes yesterday. Were you able to give some of your minutes to others? I realize we are all busy with studies, family, work and other activities; however, let's not lose sight of those around us.
Let's consider some areas to invest our time:
- Help a neighbor with a project
- Take the time to write an encouraging note to a friend or family member
- Celebrate a loved-one's good news
- Listen to someone's prayer request and pray
- Stop and hug a loved one
- Be there for a friend
- Visit a shut-in
- Volunteer at the local food bank or shelter
What will you do with your time today?
Proverbs 19:17 reads, "Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and He will reward them for what they have done."
1 Thessalonians 5:11 reads, "Therefore, encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
Romans 12:15 reads, "Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn."
Readers, please share how you have encouraged someone recently by giving of your time. We can help our online community by sharing.
Posted at 10:44 AM | Comments (2)