Engaged in Bible Reading
Online student and others, do you have a habit of reading the Bible daily?
Those who read the Bible daily would quickly share that developing this habit required hard work and dedication. It requires a decision to turn off the noises and distractions to focus on God's Word and to hear His voice and direction.
So, those who are reading the Bible daily:
- How did you develop a Bible reading habit?
- What has been the biggest help to you as you began to create the habit?
- Where did you start in your reading?
- Do you have any tips for online students and others readers?
My own habit:
I get up every day around 5:30 a.m. By 5:50 a.m. I am sitting in my living room with my coffee and Bible. I do not turn on my laptop or television. My phone is in another room. This morning, I read a passage in 2 Peter and I talked with the Lord about what He would have me learn.
To those who are in the process of creating a Bible reading habit:
- Do not quit. Keep reading.
- Don't beat yourself up if you miss a day. Start today.
- Read a few verses and ask God what He would have you learn.
- Listen to God's direction.
Helpful and applicable verses:
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17 reads, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
- 2 Timothy 2:15 reads, "Be diligent to present yourself to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the Word of Truth."
Your feedback is welcome as we are building each other up in Christ.
Posted at 3:21 PM | Comments (13)