Approaching Our Father
How will you approach the Father in prayer?
- Some will approach Him with brokenness and repentance.
- Some will approach Him with great joy.
- Some will approach Him with song and worship.
- Some will approach Him on behalf of a loved one.
- Some will approach Him carefully as if He were distant.
- Some will approach Him with stoic reverence.
- Some will approach Him in humility - begging for forgiveness.
- Some will approach Him with much anxiety as if practicing for a speech.
- Some will approach Him as if talking with a friend.
Just approach Him.
What is holding you back from praying today?
- Too busy? James 5:16b says, "The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective."
- Sin? 1 John 1:9 says, "If we confess our sin, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
- Guilt? Romans 8:1 says, "Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."
- Doubt? Psalm 50:1 says, "The Mighty One, God, the Lord, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to where it sets."
- Discouraged? 1 Peter 5:7 says, "Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."
- Not sure if Jesus can relate to your situation? Hebrews 4:14 says, "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are - yet was without sin."
Approach Him and pray.
We welcome your comments. Follow us on Twitter @LibertyUConnect for updates and announcements.
Posted at 12:05 PM | Comments (5)