Why Do You Follow Him?
Think about this question for a minute. Why do you follow Jesus?
People will follow Jesus for many reasons including:
Friends are doing it
Over time, we begin to imitate our friend’s behaviors. This includes going to church and taking on the “appearance” of a Christian.
Family expects it
Do you go to church and sing songs about Jesus because your family is sitting with you? Or do you have a personal relationship with Christ?
Do you follow Jesus because that’s all you have ever known? “I’ve always done it that way” is a red flag.
Many will look for Jesus at a time of necessity. A family emergency, a death in the family, a pending divorce, and more. Similar to the folks in John 6:1-2, “Some time after this, Jesus crossed to the far shore of the Sea of Galilee, and a great crowd of people followed Him because they saw the signs He had performed by healing the sick.”
We should follow Him because of who He is.
- He is the Son of God. Matt. 16:16 - “Simon Peter answered, ‘You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.’”
- He is the Bread of Life. John 6:35 - “Jesus declared, ‘I am the Bread of Life. Whoever comes to Me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in Me will never be thirsty.’”
- He is the way, the truth and the life. John 14:6 - “Jesus answered, ‘I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.’”
- He is our Deliverer. Psalm 18 - “The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”
- He is our Good Shepherd. John 10:11 - “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.’”
- He is the Image of the Invisible God. Colossians 1:15 - “The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.”
- He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Revelation 19:16 - “On His robe and on His thigh He has this name written: King of Kings and Lord of Lords.”
And so much more. Why do you follow Jesus?
Posted at 8:52 AM | Comments (2)