The Liberty University Wind Ensemble is an auditioned instrumental ensemble for students who are advanced players of woodwind, brass and percussion. Repertoire includes original and transcribed advanced wind ensemble works from all eras. Wind Ensemble performs on campus and makes an extensive spring tour annually, plus enjoys recording sessions and concerts each semester. The Liberty University Wind Ensemble is offered each semester. Membership is by audition. For brass, woodwind and percussion Wind Ensemble players interested in The Liberty University Wind Ensemble is offered each semester. Membership is by audition approximately 8 weeks prior to each semester. Please visit the Wind Ensemble audition page for more specific information about the audition process at (http://www.liberty.edu/band, or contact Dr. Stephen Kerr, director at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Liberty University Wind Ensemble is excited to announce their upcoming Florida Tour in March! The Wind Ensemble will be travelling to North & South Carolina, Florida's east-coast, and to the Orlando area. We will perform at schools, churches and Disney World, as well as some very fun opportunities for the members! The concert locations are listed below. I hope you will be able to attend one of our concerts!
- Sunday, March 8, 11:00 a.m. - Fairforest Baptist Church, Spartanburg, SC
- Sunday, March 8, 6:00 p.m. - Fairforest Baptist Church, Spartanburg, SC (FULL CONCERT)
- Monday, March 9, 12:00 p.m. - Paul M. Dorman High School, Roebuck, SC (FULL CONCERT)
- Tuesday, March 10, 9:45 a.m. - Clay High School, Green Cove Springs, FL (FULL CONCERT)
- Tuesday, March 10, 7:00 p.m. - Kings Baptist Church, Vero Beach, FL (FULL CONCERT)
- Wednesday, March 11, 9:30 a.m. - Vero Beach High School, Vero Beach, FL (FULL CONCERT)
- Wednesday, March 11, 7:00 p.m. - West Orlando Baptist Church, Ocoee, FL (FULL CONCERT)
- Thursday, March 12, 11:00 a.m. - Downtown Disney, Orlando, FL (FULL CONCERT)
- Thursday, March 12, 2:30 p.m. - Public School TBA, Orlando, FL (FULL CONCERT)
- Sunday, March 14, 11:00 a.m. - Western Avenue Baptist Church, Statesville, NC
- Sunday, March 15, 6:00 p.m. - Western Avenue Baptist Church, Statesville, NC (FULL CONCERT)
Tour Host Digital Concert Materials
Spring 2015 Wind Ensemble Auditions
For brass, woodwind and percussion Wind Ensemble players interested in performing a live audition in place of a video submission, we can schedule an audition during the College for a Weekend (CFAW) Saturdays in February and April in PA134. Details about exact times are available 2 weeks prior to each CFAW. Please contact Dr. Stephen Kerr, director, to schedule your live audition.
Liberty University Wind Ensemble Online Auditions:
I. Step One: Contact Dr. Stephen Kerr by email prior to your audition with your name, instrument, and the semester you plan to enroll in the Liberty University Wind Ensemble.
II. Step Two: Prepare your music and video.
A. Download the appropriate music for your video. Auditions must be for the instruments represented in the audition music below. If you do not see your instrument and have questions, please email the director, Dr. Stephen Kerr at email@example.com.
Do not memorize. Download both pages for your instrument and prepare.
B. Shoot your video. While your video must be in 'one take' for each page, you can make as many videos as you like and just send us your best take—only one version, please. You can use any means of recording the video that you like. The product will be uploaded by you to YouTube per the instructions in “III. Step Three.”
III. Step Three: Send us your finished video.
Upload the finished video to YouTube as a private, or offline video. By doing this no one can see the video with the exception of whomever has access to the link. Copy the link for your video and email it to the director, Dr. Stephen Kerr, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will correspond with you soon after with information about acceptance into the Liberty University Wind Ensemble.
Students may only submit one video. If you are not selected during the audition process to participate in the Wind Ensemble and wish to discuss your audition further please contact Dr. Kerr.
To create a YouTube Account & Uploading Your Video:
1. To begin, click “Sign In” on the YouTube homepage in the upper right corner.
2. Select the option to “Create An Account”
3. You will need to establish a google account, if you already have a google email you can use that email as your username.
4. Fill in the required information to finalize your YouTube account.
5. Once your account has been set up and you are logged in, select the “Upload” Button on the YouTube home page, located to the right of the search engine.
6. Select the Arrow to upload your video.
A drop down menu with options to make the video Public, Unlisted, or Private is shown. Select the option for UNLISTED (This ensures only those who have the link can view the video).
7. Title the video with your Name (i.e. John Smith Wind Ensemble Audition)
8. Send in the link to your video via email to Dr. Kerr at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in the Liberty University Wind Ensemble!
The Liberty University Wind Ensemble will be performing in the Towns Alumni Center in Thursday, March 19, 7:30 p.m. Admission is free and open to the public. This is a great time to see this 56-member group perform fantastic symphonic repertoire that they shared during their Spring Tour the week before!
We were honored to be selected from among 19 universities to perform for the CBDNA Southern Division Conference this past spring 2012. The Wind Ensemble had an outstanding performance before a gathering of college band directors, college students, and high school students who attended the performance in February. This opportunity recognizes the achievement of the Liberty University Wind Ensemble over the past several years. This is an outstanding accomplishment for our students and a high honor for Liberty University!
Liberty University Wind Ensemble
The Liberty University Wind Ensemble continues to tour each spring throughout the Eastern United States, from New York to Miami, and from St. Louis to New Orleans. The Wind Ensemble was honored to be selected, and to perform, at the 2008 College Band Director's National Association Southern Division Conference, held at Columbus State University, in Columbus Georgia, and the 2012 CBDNA Southern Division Conference, held at Kennesaw State University. The ensemble is comprised of 57 college students studying a variety of majors at Liberty University. The Wind Ensemble performs a wide variety of music that appeals to a diverse audience. Over the past five years, the Liberty University Wind Ensemble produced five CDs: "Edge of Space," "Exultate," "Radiant Joy," "Ghost Train," and "High Flight."
The Liberty University Wind Ensemble is offered in the spring semester every year. Membership in the Wind Ensemble is by audition in November, followed by a few reading sessions prior to the end of the fall semester. This ensemble enjoys an extended tour in March, during Liberty University's Spring Break.
The Liberty University Wind Ensemble is under the leadership of Dr. Stephen Kerr, Director of Bands. Dr. Kerr has been Director of Bands at Liberty University since 2000. Dr. Kerr received his B.S. degree in Music Education from Liberty University in 1982. He holds the M.A. degree in Curriculum and Instruction from Virginia Tech. and the Ph.D. degree in Music Education from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
Persons interested in auditioning for the Liberty University Wind Ensemble should contact the director at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Concert information may also be obtained from the director.
Check out some our previous pieces below through SoundCloud!