You are here: Home >

International Students

Liberty University School of Law is authorized under federal regulations to enroll international students.

International applicants must meet the application requirements of the School of Law, including taking the LSAT.

International applicants who are foreign educated must have their foreign academic credentials (undergraduate and graduate work) evaluated and translated by a credential evaluation service recognized by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.

International applicants must take or have taken the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), if English is not their national (native) language. The minimum acceptable score for School of Law admission is 80 on the IBT (Internet-based test). An official score report must be sent to Liberty University and received by April 1 of the year of expected enrollment. An admission decision will not be made until the University has received the official score report. The Liberty University institutional code for the TOEFL is 5385. Consult the TOEFL website for further information.

To be considered for admission as an international student, applicants must certify that funds are available for the estimated academic and living expenses by submitting the Doctorate Affidavit of Financial Support form. Additional documents may also be required.

Admitted international applicants will be sent a SEVIS Form I-20 and an Admission Letter, which the applicant will use to apply for a student (F-1) visa to study in the United States. International applicants accepting the offer of admission must make arrangements to apply for the student visa at the nearest U.S. Consulate as early as possible.

After obtaining the student visa, the international applicant must make further arrangements with the Liberty University Office of International Admissions, in addition to submitting the Acceptance Agreement, confirmation deposit, and official transcripts to the School of Law.


Consult the Office of International Admissions for further information, or contact them by email.