When autocomplete options are available, use up and down arrows to review and enter to select.
Apply Give

MyCAA Education and Training Plans

Military spouses have the opportunity to receive Tuition Assistance through My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA). Students who are planning to utilize MyCAA Tuition Assistance are required to submit an Education and Training Plan for their program to MyCAA prior to being approved funding. You may request this document from the Office of Military Affairs by emailing LUMilitary@liberty.edu.

First, review the information below to ensure you are ready to have your Education and Training Plan created.

Are you pursuing a MyCAA-eligible program?

  • MyCAA will only cover an Associate’s degree, certificate, or licensure program that expands employment and career opportunities (excluding General Studies, Liberal Arts, and Interdisciplinary Studies that do not have a concentration). If you would like to speak with a MyCAA counselor regarding their eligibility requirements, you may call (800) 324-9647.

Have you been officially accepted to your program?

  • Liberty University is unable to create official degree plan documentation until after you are officially accepted to your program. If you have any questions about what is next in the admissions process, you may call a(n):
    • Online Admissions Counselor: (800) 424-9595 
    • Resident Admissions Counselor: (800) 543-5317

Have you been approved to receive your Liberty-given military benefits? 

  • We are required to verify the cost of your attendance on your MyCAA Education and Training Plan. Because of this, if you are planning to utilize the discounted military tuition rate and other military benefits available for online military spouses (as defined by Liberty University), you will want to ensure your military documentation has been submitted and approved prior to requesting your Education and Training Plan. If you have any questions about what is needed, you may contact us for more information.

What is an Education and Training Plan?

Prior to requesting MyCAA Financial Assistance (FA), military spouses are required to work with their school to develop an Education and Training Plan. Before any funding can be approved by MyCAA, this plan must be uploaded by the spouse to their MyCAA Account for review and acceptance.

Your Education and Training Plan will include the following information:

  • Student's Name
  • School's contact information
  • Degree Program and Level
  • Detail of all required education
  • Program Duration (estimated start and end date of program)
  • Any transfer credit applied to the degree
  • Estimated cost of program

Back to MyCAA Tuition Assistance.

Chat Live
Request Info
Apply Now
Visit Liberty