Spend Your Senior Year In Ministry
Gain practical experience while completing your final year at Liberty University. If you’re a senior in our Church Ministry Program, you could spend your year working at an approved host church.
After you apply and are accepted into the Ministry Fellowship program, you’ll be matched with one of our approved host churches where you will work under the mentorship of an experienced minister. Although you’ll be off campus, you’ll retain your residential status at Liberty and complete your remaining undergraduate courses online or through independent studies.
- Full-time seniors majoring in a Church Ministries degree program.
- Students in good standing with Liberty’s Student Conduct, Financial Aid, and Student Accounts offices, and who are also in good academic standing with Liberty University.
- Accepted students who have applied and interviewed with the Experiential Learning Office and are approved by the Department of Church Ministries.
Your Experiential Opportunities Could Include:
- Leadership Development
- Team Building
How Much Does It Cost?
Church hosts will cover your housing, utilities (including internet), and transportation to their ministry’s site. You are responsible for your moving costs, program fees, and food. Participating students save approximately $8,000 per year on expenses.
What Is the Process?
- Submit an inquiry to the Experiential Learning Office your freshman or sophomore year.
- Apply to the program by September 15th of your junior year.
- After accepted, arrive at your church host site no later than August 1st.
- When your Ministry Fellowship ends on May 1st, return to Liberty University for graduation.
Approved Fellowship Sites:
For more information, please contact our Director of Experiential Learning, Kevin McGinn: firstname.lastname@example.org.