Coast Guard Tuition Assistance
Tuition Assistance (TA) is a benefit offered to Active Duty service members of the U.S. Coast Guard and eligible Coast Guard Reservists to assist with the cost of tuition. TA typically covers 75% of tuition, up to the $187.50 per credit hour and $3,375 per military fiscal year caps.
- TA is available to:
- Active Duty service members of the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Coast Guard Reservists who are on long term orders greater than 180 days.
- Civilian employees are not eligible for this benefit.
- May cover up to $187.50 per credit hour and $3375 per military fiscal year.
- Eligible members must be seeking their first associate's, bachelor's, and/or master's degree.
- TA is not available for doctorate level courses or for a second degree at the same or lower degree level than what is currently held.
- Graduate courses with a start date on or after 1 January through 19 February 2014 may be considered for a waiver using the CG Institute waiver process.
- Funding must be requested within 30 days of the start date of the course. Funding requests cannot be approved after the start date of the course.
Note: Liberty University does not determine eligibility for Tuition Assistance. The above noted items were received from the U.S. Coast Guard. Please contact your ESO to determine your full eligibility requirements.
How to Enroll
Step 1: Complete the Admissions Process and apply for Financial Aid.
Step 2: Register for courses.
Step 3: Apply for TA at your Unit’s Military Education Office.
- Apply for TA online, using links provided below, or contact your education office on base. Please make a note of your registration information (course titles, enrollment dates, etc.) as this will be required on the TA application. Once approved, you will receive the authorized form.
Step 4: Submit authorized TA form to Military Affairs at least one week before Financial Check-in deadline.
- Fax: (434) 455-1287 OR
- Scan/E-mail: email@example.com OR
- Drop by our office, Green Hall- Student Service Center (ask to speak to a Military Affairs Counselor)
Step 5: The Military Affairs Office will post the authorized amount of TA to your student account and send you an email to your Liberty University email address.
Step 6: Once you receive an email stating your TA has been posted, please complete Financial Check-in (if you have not already done so).
Step 7: Once the term is completed, we will submit your grades to the military within 30 days.