Financial Aid: FAFSA
Free Application for Federal
Student Aid (FAFSA)
Anyone interested in receiving federal grants, work-study, loans, or institutional aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- To determine eligibility for federal and some state and institutional aid, all U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens are required to complete the FAFSA each school year.
- If available, use the IRS Data Retrieval to save time with submitting information. Receive step-by-step assistance with the IRS Data Retrieval Tool for the FAFSA.
- Be sure to include Liberty’s school code on your FAFSA before submitting. Liberty's school code is 010392.
- For priority processing, we recommend that you renew your FAFSA no less than four months before you intend to start classes.
- If you are selected for Verification, submit all documentation requested as soon as possible to prevent a delay in your aid processing or a loss of your aid eligibility. View more information about the FAFSA and Verification.
- Once you apply for admission to Liberty University and create your Liberty username and password, you will have access to your Liberty email account and your ASIST account. Be sure to check your Liberty email and ASIST account often. This is how the Financial Aid Office will communicate with you.
For more information or questions related to the FAFSA, please email the LUCOM Financial Aid Office.