Candidates Enrolled Prior to 2013-2014
If you are completing the School Counseling Degree using a Degree Completion Plan (DCP) prior to academic year 2013-2014 then you should refer to the following documents and forms:
- No teaching license required to complete internship
- Two years of teaching or counseling experience required for Virginia license
- May be acquired during the M.Ed. program
- May be acquired while employed as assistant counselor with provisional license
- Required Intensives: COUN 505; EDUC/EDCE 512, EDUC 622 and EDUC/EDCE 661 Optional Intensive: EDUC 645 (will result in five residence intensives for the program)
- Field experiences and internship
- Licensure Test registration required by Gate 3
- Praxis II: Professional School Counselor (0421 or 5421) will be required at Gate 3 effective for February 1, 2014 deadline and after (applying for Summer 2014 internship and after). You may also submit scores for your state’s equivalent test in place of the Praxis II 0421 or 5421. If your state does not have an equivalent then you must complete the Praxis II 0421 or 5421. You may review the student companion for the Praxis II exam and register for the exam. Currently, there is no minimum score for Liberty University's M.Ed. in School Counseling program, but you should be mindful of minimum scores for other states in which you may be seeking licensure.
Degree Completion Plans
Select the Degree Completion Plan (DCP) for the academic year that you were admitted/readmitted.
If you are completing the School Counseling Degree using a Degree Completion Plan (DCP) prior to academic year 2013-2014 then you should refer to the following School Counseling Handbook