School Counseling Program Bulletin Board
Overview of School Counseling Program
Liberty University’s School of Education, including the M.Ed. in School Counseling Program is nationally recognized by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), now consolidated into the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). Recently, program faculty completed the CACREP self-study and applied for accreditation for the M.Ed. in School Counseling Program. Although, the CACREP site-visit has not been completed, thus not part of this report, outcomes from the comprehensive program assessment are documented in the attached executive summary for review by interested persons.
- The Center for Apologetics at Liberty University hosted a professional development for the faculty on the topic "Preparing Our Students in Engage the Post-Modern World."
- The American School Counselor Associate gives ideas on how to celebrate National School Counseling Week!
- Join ASCA Scene
Community Service/Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteer with the Special Olympics Young Athletes Program
- You are invited to attend the Virginia School Counselor Association (VSCA) Counselor Educator Summit on January 30, 2015 from 10:00am-2:00pm at the Hanover County School Board Office, 200 Berkley Street, Ashland, Virginia. You must register for this event here: http://tinyurl.com/VSCASummit.
- American Counseling Association (ACA) Conference Information
- Association for Counselor Education and Supervision Conference
- American School Counselor Association (ASCA) Conference Information
- American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) Conference Information
- Virginia Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (VACES) Graduate Student Conference
- Virginia Counselors Association Legislative Day
- Anti-Bullying and School Safety Conferences
- There is an upcoming training on "De-escalating Potential Violent Situations" that will be held in Arlington, Virginia on March 25, 2015 from 9:00am until 4:00pm.
- Chengdu International School in Chengdu, China is seeking an school counseling applicant to work with secondary students in a variety of capacities related to student services. The applicant would be involved in supervising student government, assisting in student life assemblies, teaching some social development classes, conducting academic counseling and helping students with schedules/credits, etc., and assisting in standardized testing. The applicant would be working within a team of staff responsible for the academic and emotional well being of our students. If you are interested in finding out more about this position please email Dr. Phil Bassett at Phil.Bassett@ldichina.com.